“My close affinity with the Dover and Deal area started in 1976 when I left my home in Paisley, Scotland to join the Royal Marines in Deal, where I served for 18 years.
After leaving I remained in the area, and worked for Eurotunnel as a driver for 10 years. I moved from the role to work at sea as a security guard in an anti-piracy role for 14 years. I have, until very recently, worked as a bus driver for Stagecoach, operating out of their Folkestone depot.
7 points from the programme of the party:
- Rebuilding British industry to provide decent jobs with proper living wages.
- Decent cheap secure housing for all.
- Free and comprehensive healthcare.
- Public facilities that enable women to take a full part in work and public life.
- High quality, free care for the disabled as well as the elderly.
- Access to cheap or free fully-integrated public transport system, and essential amenities.
- Open and easy access to all forms of media, and culture.
As a councillor I will offer honesty, integrity, and hard work to the community I represent.”